Since this last autumn, project manager and solution architect David Rasche has been part of ForestX’s ever-growing team in Dalarna.
ForestX is about forestry and IT, and that is exactly the combination we find in David Rasche. With a technical background, American born David Rasche ended up in Dalarna in 1990 and started working at Stora. Since then, working life has been about IT in combination with paper, newsprintpaper and cardboard, and the clients have been well-known companies such as Billerud and Holmen.
Merger of Stora Enso
The assignment now for David Rasche is to act as stream lead in the ongoing merger of Stora Enso. Over the years, the company has divided parts of Stora Enso that will now once again gather under the same umbrella.
– The assignment is about getting the company together systemwise. It is about integration and merging of processes, explains David Rasche.
The merger began early in 2021 and is expected to be completed by the summer of 2022.
Agile approach in project management
Although the project is extensive and involves everything from technology to economics and law, which provides packed meeting days, it is a noticeably easy-going project manager who talks about his assignment.
– It may come with age, you learn to focus on what is important, in all projects there is so much noise around.
– I have worked in IT, but I don’t want to sit alone and program. I like to push things forward.
An agile approach also helps. Breaking down the project into smaller components and constantly evaluating what to achieve and what resources are required is ForestX’s and David Rasche’s way of working.
New ways of working in ForestX
There were many reasons why David Rasche chose ForestX.
– I already knew some of the coworkers. It is a good energy in the company, many new ideas about new ways of working. It is really needed in the industry.
– ForestX is also trying new ways to reach customers, for example with the webinars on AI in the forest. We are good at testing new ideas quickly and easily.
More people joining the Dalarna team
ForestX team in Dalarna has proven to be a bike-saved gang.
– I mostly ride country roads, and the others are on mountain bikes. But I may as well get a mountain bike and keep up with them, says David Rasche.
And more people enjoying life on two wheels are on their way to the team in Dalarna after the turn of the year.
David Rasche: Project manager / Project management, Solution architect
Favorite tree: Maple
Best nature experience: Diving in Mauritius
Most used app: Sky guide and NY Times
Three favorite bookmarks in my browser: Astrobin.com, Astronet.se, Youtube.com